Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Book Review: A Lefty's Legacy

This is the second book that I read of Jane Leavy and I was a fan of this one as well.  

It was very interesting to read this book immediately after finishing Leavy's book on Mickey Mantle because it showed how different of people Mantle and Koufax were off the field.  As everyone else, I knew of Koufax's tremendous numbers on the field, but I didn't know much else about him; I certainly did not know about his younger years and his path to becoming one of the best lefties of all time.  This book gives you a fantastic look into his life, which most media members did not have access to.  I have much more respect for Koufax and have moved him up my list of athlete I wish I could have seen in their prime.  I would highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment